Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's Good to be Back

        So, I fell off the face of the earth for a while there. I definitely missed my happy days of baking and posting, the care-free days when everything's fine and dandy and I can totally handle all the curveballs life throws at me, when I can tackle all the work and the stress and the pressure and come out of all of it okay. Things can build up over time if you don't deal with them when you should. At least, that's how it is for me. When things get really tough, not even chocolate can put a smile on my face. Not even chocolate. That's saying a lot. 
     I have wonderful news. This " :( " is now this " :) ". That's a frowney face becoming a smiley face, in case you've been living under a rock (or in case you're my mom). My passion for food, life, and everything in between has returned... with improvements. After giving it a lot of thought, I have decided to make a few changes around here. You see, I love food, you love food, we all love food -- but I want to add more of a personal element to this blog, as well. You know, more of the "...life, and everything in between".
     Of course, there will still be plenty of food, sweets, and deliciousness. You can count on that.
     I took this picture of my dog nestled in my blankets early the other morning, just before I went to school. Now you know my little Snowflake. That's a good start, right?
     Here are some changes I'm thinking of making in the near future: 
  • Spicing up the Recipe Index with photos linked to the recipes
  • Finally uploading a picture of myself
  • Maybe even posting a baking video (?)

     Oh, and did I mention I turned 16 back in April? Well, I did.
     It's good to be back.

Related Stories Widget by LinkWithin

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back and make the most of being 16! :) Looking forward to the changing you're planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been missed mt friend - welcome Bach :)

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Nicole, welcome back, really great to hear from you! And happy birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Nicole! Good to see that you're back. I understand the feeling down part, but I'm glad you were able to find that motivation and energy boost again. It's great to meet snowflake, what a cutie! Love the photo, snowflake, that you're back and that we'll get to see the face behind the blog. Looking forward to seeing your baking video, have a wonderful weekend <3 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I'm happy you're back. I was wondering what happened to you so I'm happy to learn that everything's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole - It's so good to catch up with you again. I'm delighted that life is smiling for you again and Hope it will continue to do so for years to come! I'm late but happy sweet 16! Can't wait to read on and see some new recipes. Snowflake is a cutey pie, as I'm sure you are, too! Post a pic! While I was looking for you, I came across BakeMeBlush Cupcakes...Is that you, also?


    Best wishes


    Jo in Charleston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo, I'm sorry for my extremely late response! I haven't checked the blog in a while and there's something up with my comment notifications. I'll have to work that out. As for BakeMeBlush Cupcakes, I stumbled upon that website for the first time the other day. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, and so I'm a little uneasy about it...


    As for posting, I'm on hiatus, but maybe one day... :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis